I swear, Americans need to get a license to have children. Parents’ apathy and inability to parent continues to be the center of handing over more and more rights. Listen, people, no is a word. You can use it in a variety of ways:
- Say no to the fifteenth shot when you’re already near-blackout.
- Say no to your child who wants to eat their twentieth Happy Meal of the week.
- Say no when your child wants a special meal prepared, outside of the meal the rest of the family’s eating.
- Say no when he wants you to have sex and you don’t really like him. Or know his name.
- Say no to going home with some dude you just met.
- Say no to your child when you’re walking though the toy aisle at Walmart.
- Say no to super-sizing your value meal.
- Say no to giving up our rights just to avoid saying no.
I know it’s cliche, but it is as easy as just saying no. So do it. Stop being a lazy-ass parent. Stop handing over OUR rights because YOU’RE an incompetent parent.
Look, part of parenting and life is saying no. Clearly you don’t know how. But that’s not our problem. We like our rights and freedoms. If you want to be controlled and have everything else around you controlled, move. There are lots of countries with no rights who would be happy to have you. And we won’t miss you.
(This is in reference to this article. Where a mom’s inability to say no is coupled with the other poison spreading rampantly around America: greed. Stop suing, you greedy assholes! But I’ll save that for another rant.)